You can extend the life of your carpet with regular cleaning. Professional carpet cleaning by All Aces Services not only makes your carpets look great, it also improves indoor air quality.
The Unseen Contaminants Your Carpets Hold
- According to the EPA, carpets adsorb VOC’s from other sources and re-emit them later. When you paint, apply finish coatings, or use chemical cleaners in your home, your carpet absorbs these odours, holds onto them, and releases them over time.
- Carpets also become repositories for dust that settles to the bottom and cannot be vacuumed out with most vacuum cleaners.
- Pollen in spring and fall can also get trapped in carpets. Pollen spores have little structures that allow them to cling so that the plants can reproduce. These little structures cling to the fibres in your carpet, creating problems long after pollen season has passed.
- Mould spores can also get trapped in your carpet in much the same way. Moisture trapped beneath a carpet can create mould problems.
- Pesticides and other chemicals may also be tracked into your home and become trapped in your carpet. Many pesticides nowadays are endocrine disruptors that can cause a host of problems.
While regular vacuuming with a vacuum cleaner that has excellent suctioning ability removes some of these problems, it does not remove the problems that have settled down into the bottom of the carpet. Only professional carpet cleaning can remove these contaminants.
Factors That Determine How Often Your Carpet Needs Cleaning
- The amount of traffic your carpet sees is a huge factor in determining how often your carpet needs cleaning.
- Households with pets definitely need carpet cleaning more often. Dogs tend to have accidents, and cats tend to have hairballs. Pets can also have fleas that lay eggs in the carpet.
- Most smokers do not realise it, but cigarette smoke gets into carpets, draperies, and furniture. According to the ALA, the over 600 ingredients in cigarettes create more than 7,000 chemicals when burned. Of these chemicals, 69 are known cancer-causers and several are poisonous.
- Children tend to bring in a lot of abrasive dirt that can erode the fibres in your carpet and shorten its lifespan.
Low traffic areas with none of these issues can often go a year between cleanings, but areas with these issues need more frequent cleanings. All Aces Services offers several different types of professional carpet cleaning designed to meet your needs.