Cleaning Glass Windows
Glass is commonly used in many houses throughout the world to make most of the best features of a home. One thing that glass windows at home or in the office can give is a nice view from inside the premises. While glass can provide these many benefits, it is a porous material which means that it is very important to be careful when you clean it. Hiring a professional window glass cleaning company to perform the task of cleaning is recommended.
Tips for cleaning your glass
There are several ways to clean your glass window effectively. If you are looking for some useful tips for doing the job yourself, look no further.
- Before you start cleaning the window, you must vacuum the sill and frame. Make sure to use a vacuum with a brush. You may come across spider webs on the frame, you can use lemon oil for post-wash to ward spiders off from spinning their webs.
- One way to clean glass doors and windows is to use a bucket of cleaning solution composed of clear ammonia or vinegar or a combination of both and warm water. You can also use a cup of methylated spirits for one bucket of warm water as an alternative. You should not clean glass windows on a hot sunny day because your windows may get streaks because of the solution drying up faster than having time to wipe it off.
- When you perform glass window cleaning, you must do it one pane at a time. This is to ensure that it is thoroughly washed.
- After doing all the panes you can use a lint-free microfibre cloth to dry the glass. You may read that using newspaper is good, however, we do not recommend this process as the newspaper can leave lint behind. In addition, newspapers today have latex-based inks that can result in streaks being left on your window.
- Using a squeegee is what our window glass cleaning team at AllAces Cleaning & Restorationrecommends to effectively dry up the glass after cleaning.
Having clean, spotless glass windows can make your home look amazing. When it comes to window cleaning, it should be done at least once every six months. For your window cleaning needs, call AllAces Cleaning & Restoration on 1800 00 1010.