How to Clean Slate Floor Tiles
Recently, our services were required in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast. Our client had very worn green slate tiles and wanted them stripped back, thoroughly cleaned and resealed with a high gloss finish. They had advised us that they were contemplating replacing the tiles due to the amount of time and effort it was taking her weekly to keep them clean, however, they decided to give them one last shot.
How to Clean Slate Floor Tiles Professionally:
- First, the tiles were stripped of any old sealant that had been left on the surface.
- A thorough clean then took place. This began with a dry sweep of the area to remove any dry soils and large particles.
- Our specialised alkaline cleaning solution was then applied to the area before agitating with a grout broom and rotary agitation. This technique brings most dirt and grime to the surface and removes any heavy soiling.
- Next, high-pressure cleaning and extraction was done. This took place using our truck mount machine and a unique tool and attachment which applies dual action high pressure steam and dirty water extraction simultaneously.
- The area was then dry mopped and high-speed air movers were positioned accordingly and left for some time to ensure it was perfectly dry before the sealing took place.
- When our technician was happy to proceed with the sealing, he confirmed with the clients on what look they were going for with the tiles. Our clients advised our technician that they wanted a high gloss/wet look finish.
- For our technician to achieve this, he had to apply three coats of wet look sealer.
- A final inspection by the clients was then carried out.
Our clients were absolutely thrilled with the result. We have since had a call from them thanking us again for the amazing job and to inform us that their tiles not only look a million dollars but since our visit it has taken less than half the time to maintain them.
If you need your tiles cleaned, then give us a call on 1800 00 1010. Do not waste any time. Have one of our technicians find the right cleaning solution for you.