Cleaning Boat Upholstery in Our Factory
Here at AllAces Cleaning & Restoration our excellence has travelled interstate. We received a call from a boat owner living in NSW, the customer had found out about our boat upholstery cleaning services through one of his friends.
The customer wanted the seats from his boat upholstery cleaned as it was heavily soiled. He informed us that the seat conditions were predominately caused from sweat and sunscreen grease. Of course, we would be able to work our magic and clean them, but the problem remained that our new customer lived quite a fair distance away from our factory in Murarrie, QLD. It was decided that the owner would drive to our factory and deliver his seats to us.
Our Boat Upholstery Cleaning Process
- Once the boat seats had been delivered, our technician commenced work by pre-vacuuming the seats to remove as much dry soiling as possible before inspecting the fabric type and testing the colourfastness of the fabric.
- Next a selection of various solvent products were tested on the seat cushions to decide which one would dissolve the sunscreen with the best results.
- The cleaning process started by spraying the seats with the compatible pre-conditioner before agitating the cushions using a textured hand mitten and horsehair brush in a circular motion. This process helped to loosen the sunscreen, dirt, and grime from deep within the fibres.
- Next, a dual action hot water rinsing and extraction tool was used to simultaneously rinse any cleaning chemical residue and extract the dirty water before a special neutralising and deodorising spray was applied to the whole area to make the boat cushions smell brand new.
- The cushions were then groomed and left to rest in front of high-speed fans for a fast and efficient drying process.
- When we were certain that the cushions were completely dry, a final inspection was carried out to confirm the best results possible were achieved.
Note: If in any case the troubled area needs more attention, our technicians will repeat the cleaning process from the conditioning stage to the drying stage as many times as necessary to ensure your boat upholstery is returned in the best possible condition.
If you have any boat upholstery that you believe could use some tender loving care to bringing back its former glory, call us on 1800 00 1010 to see what we can do for you. We are always learning new skills and are more than happy to assist you with your needs.