Pet Urine Odour Removal
Pet urine on your carpet and upholstery can create serious odour and hygiene issues. It is a fear shared by all – homeowners, renters, landlords, and property managers a like. Unfortunately, it is also impossible to remove pet urine odours with regular cleaning products. Pet urine requires professional extraction and products if there is any chance of removing the pungent odours and harmful bacteria.
You will need to address two main components to remove urine odours:
- Crystalline salt deposits
- Bacterial growth
Why is Urine so Hard to Eradicate?
- Urine is extremely invasive. It will seep deep into your carpets, penetrating the fibres, backing, and underlay. Such deep infiltration makes it impossible for domestic products to have any impact.
- Pet urine does not disappear once it has “dried up”. As the liquid evaporates, tiny crystals are created. These crystals hold a concentrated dose of that awful urine odour, attract harmful bacteria, and require professional products and tools to be removed.
- Moisture activated. Depending on the colour of the affected surface, pet urine on carpet can become near invisible once it has dried. Despite the lack of visual cues, moisture of any kind will inflame the odour as it reacts with the crystal salts and any growing bacteria to emit a pungent ammonia gas.
- Non-discriminatory. While there are certainly surfaces that make pet urine odour removal an easier task to tackle, nothing is safe. Carpets, upholstered furniture, timber, tile, stone, concrete and vinyl all fall victim to the tyranny of pet urine.
Pet Urine Explained
Uric acid is the main component of urine, and it typically leaves the body as an acid with a pH of around 5-6. When it begins to dry, there is a change in its hydrogen content resulting in the formation of crystalline salts that takes on an alkaline ph. The colour change you commonly see on a carpet occurs mainly because the pet urine oxidises and reacts with the carpet fibre.
Our Pet Urine Odour Removal Services
At AllAces we offer restoration services that include odour treatments consisting of:
- Upholstery and carpet,
- Odour treatment,
- Urine neutralisation treatment for surface and backing of carpets
- Full bacterial treatment for surface and backing of carpet.
- Rinsing the surface and backing of the carpet
- Drying of carpet and subfloor,
- Replacing underlay,
- Sealing of hard floors,
Give us a call today on 1800 00 1010 so that the team at AllAces can help you with your unique circumstances. We can assist you with carpet cleans, odour removal, and urine treatments.