Moulds are various types of fungi that grow in filaments and reproduce by forming spores. They may live indoors or outdoors and thrive in damp, warm, humid environments. Not all moulds are toxic or poisonous however certain moulds are toxigenic, which means they produce toxins harmful to those around it. Mould present in building can cause multiple hazards such as contaminated indoor air and serious health effects, most commonly allergic reactions. All Aces are equipped with a professional team experienced in complete mould removal in buildings across Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Northern NSW.
Moulds present in structures may cause the following harmful reactions:
- Allergic reactions
- Lung infections
- Skin diseases like rashes and open sores
- Immunity deficiencies
- Internal bleeding
- Loss of appetite
- Short term memory loss
- Neurological and nervous disorders
- Chronic bronchitis
- Joint and muscle pains
Severe and high levels of exposure to mould may cause:
- Long term memory loss
- Bleeding lungs
- Brain damage
Causes of mould in a structure
The following conditions may help in the growth of mould:
- Mould spores
- Food source
- Enough time
Tips for Mould Prevention
Controlling dampness is the key for proper mould prevention. Mould infestation usually occurs in damp and poorly ventilated areas such as crawlspaces, in basements with poor foundation drainage and in attics and walls where water leaks from the outside.
Here are a few important steps to follow to help prevent mould in your building:
- Stop leaks from the outside; repair leaks in any plumbing or other structures that may lead to moisture build-up.
- Ensure good ventilation in attics.
- Keep crawlspaces dry by maintaining good ventilation in the home.
- Routing water away from the foundation.
- Painting damp areas like bathrooms and outside shady areas with mildew-cide paints.
- Using an air conditioner or air dehumidifier during humid seasons to reduce moisture build-up.
- Avoid using carpets in humid areas like bathrooms and basements.
- Using professional services to clean-up large areas of mould.
Services Offered for Mould Prevention
We follow these mould prevention remedies for on-site services:
- Identifying the severity and extent of mould growth
- Checking the humidity
- Detecting the sources of moisture
- Removing dead spores
- Testing the indoor air quality
- Cleaning leather, upholstery, rugs, carpets, walls, ceiling and floors
- Removing products that cannot be repaired
Mould problems should be dealt by qualified technicians trained in treating moulds and providing a full mould removal of your home or building. Technicians from All Aces Cleaning & Restoration will help detect mould problem areas and provide professional mould removal in any home across Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and Northern NSW for a home safe for you and your family.
To get a quote and book All Aces expert help with mould removal call us on 1800 00 10 10 or book now below.