In Australia the illegal manufacture of the drug methamphetamine within clandestine drug labs, referred to as “meth labs”, is increasing each year.
In Queensland alone, police seize and investigate several hundred meth labs every year. Properties customised to manufacture meth can become contaminated from just one procedure or by criminals who blend in with the community and use their homes, workplace, factory, or hotel room to produce this drug. All Aces Cleaning & Restoration are trained professionally to provide complete and effective meth lab cleaning services across Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to rid any property of the effects of a meth lab and ensure homes are liveable again.
Meth labs contaminate the home during the production or cooking process. Synthesising associated with the various toxic chemicals leads to contamination of surfaces within the property. Furniture, porous items such as timber, clothes, food, toys and carpets may have residue that can affect the residents simply by being in the property even after the drug manufacturing process has ceased.
Further evidence exists to indicate that a person’s health can be affected immediately and long-term and often results in respiratory complications, serious headaches, allergic responses, unexplained rashes, delivery defects and psychological disorders.
How do we know if our house or rental property may be contaminated?
Residential meth labs frequently remain undetected. There are some clear signs that can assist owners, such as:
- Property damage
- Acidity burns to benches and drains
- Discolouration to walls and flooring
- Strong acidic odours (similar to cat urine)
All Aces Cleaning & Restoration technicians are specially trained to recognise and assess feasible contamination concerns and offer a range of meth lab cleaning services, including presumptive testing within the absence of official police reports and local authority or council orders.
Re-mediation Procedure for Meth Lab Cleanups
- Drug labs seized by police are secured like a ‘crime scene’. Forensic & Medication Squad officers first remove chemicals/drugs/laboratory apparatus etc utilised in the manufacturing process. A notification is designed by the local authority or council authority (Health Conformity Officer) associated with the surrounding area of the property and police issue a online assessment report.
- Responsible Council Expert order preliminary assessments to find out risks and contaminant levels – A good Industrial Hygienist and/or Meth Laboratory Testing Technicians such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration may conduct preliminary screening; obtaining samples which are forwarded under strict guidelines to a laboratory for screening and analysis. These results are then used to understand the extent of contamination and an appropriate Re-mediation Motion Plan (RAP) is designed.
- If the analysis results go beneath the QLD Criminal Offence Commission recommendations no re-mediation will be necessary and a clearance certificate will be issued by the actual testing officer, council will then notify who owns the property of the clearance.
- When a dangerous contamination is identified, and evaluation details readings are associated with contamination above the recommendations compared to Appropriate Authority problems, a Pollution Control/Prohibition Purchase or other Environmental Order from the property can be deemed necessary, varying by state. Re-mediation cleaning will be required with a qualified Decontamination Specialist such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration before re-testing is undertaken to determine if the contamination has been resolved. Upon retesting the contaminated area, as well as readings below QLD CC levels, a clearance will be issued following a final validation review.
Each Australian State and Territory has varied processes around orders and last clearances.
When booking a meth lab cleaning service with All Aces Cleaning & Restoration, you can be confident that your technician has over 20 years’ experience. Combined with industry accreditation and qualifications associated with meth lab clean ups, decontamination and testing, our testing officer can assist with evaluation, management and remediation going forward. Our services can be used for many types of contaminations from meth labs and marijuana houses to crime and stress scenes, industrial mishaps and other biohazard circumstances.
All Aces are on call and to provide professional meth lab cleaning services to the Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and interstate on special request. Call All Aces today on 1800 00 10 10 or book your service online today.
The Crystal Clean Solution to fix Meth Lab Decontamination
All Aces Cleaning & Restoration offer an inexpensive method to decontaminate meth labs with high readings along with our standard wash down services. Utilised in the USA, we use Crystal Clean for a deep and professional clean of contaminated homes.
- Crystal Clean is really a revolutionary de-contaminant providing a safe & cost-effective clean-up of Methamphetamine contamination.
- The product neutralises methamphetamine with only one application. Proven to lessen methamphetamine to close to undetectable levels in only 60 minutes.
- Significantly reducing a re-mediation cost, Crystal Clean reduces the entire manpower, equipment & supplies essential to meet Work, Wellness & Safety, Aussie Crime Commission, EPA, & Nearby Council guidelines.
- Normally biodegradable, non-toxic, and environmentally safe it’s not hazardous, and it is safe to use. The clean up of Crystal Clean is easy for a re-mediation technician.
- Crystal Clean can be used in other kinds of decontamination including biological situations, this is standard overseas and considered an essential part of crime scene decontamination and additional biohazard contamination.
- Crystal Clean uses have been evolving and adaptability to a range of clean ups is safe.
Overall, using Crystal Clean provides assured access back to your home or property, free from contamination that could alternatively linger for years. This is a very cost-effective solution when compared with traditional methods associated with decontamination.
The contamination and effects of clandestine Methamphetamine Labs emerging within our community is associated with great concern, whereby unsuspecting property owners can never genuinely know if their home is contaminated. Using technology & foresight to battle this problem now provides the public an opportunity to ensure that their homes remain thoroughly clean, fresh & wholesome.
Meth Labs Exposed
Amateur Drug Lab
Meth labs of this nature are common place with domestic efforts to manufacture methamphetamine. Very crude systems will use basic laboratory apparatus to split up & synthesise the actual chemicals or precursors. This site was in the shed with open doors, allowing air flow around open fire all near volatile chemicals that could result in deadly results.
Often make shift labs will be found inside kitchens to utilise heating elements of stoves to accomplish the ‘cooking’ process.
In some instances, organised criminals may utilise domestic residences set up with sophisticated equipment effective to make large amounts of amphetamine. This apparatus is industrial scale and rarely utilised by unskilled cooks, though it’s a hallmark associated with major organised crime syndicates effective at obtaining precursor medicines and equipment in order to manufacture.
Identifying Meth Labs In Your Area
Most labs set up in domestic situations are extremely basic and the amount of containment of poisonous odours and fumes throughout the cooking process are extremely crude or non-existent. Other sophisticated techniques and processes restrict fumes & residues escaping to the premises, and often these systems can be portable to accomplish the process inside a hotel room or inside vehicles.
The most apparent of signs that there might be a lab in your town is the behaviour from the residents.
- Limited connection with neighbours’, being only active through the night, unusual vehicle traffic through the night, hyperactive or weird behaviour when faced, extreme security steps or violent creatures present are all suspicious signs.
- Unusual smell emanating from the home, some chemicals give off a similar odour to cat urine or even pungent odours. If they are present the site can become dangerous.
- Increased rate associated with crime in neighbourhood, multiple visitors to the premises only staying for short amounts of time (possible drug supply location)
- Home unkept, long lawn & weeds, rubbish accumulating, letters not collected and when residents are delivering what they produce, they may arrive & go through premises multiple times each day for short occasions only delivering their own product.
These are only a few of the tell-tale signs there’s a problem, whereby if a person suspects a lab exists we encourage you contact the local police or get in touch with Crime Stoppers upon 131 444 where one can advise police of the concerns. In the situation of toxic gases, we advise get in touch with police sooner instead of later due to obvious dangers existing.