In Australia the illegal manufacture of the drug methamphetamine within clandestine drug labs, referred to as “meth labs”, is increasing each year.
In Queensland alone, police seize and investigate several hundred meth labs every year. Properties customised to manufacture meth can become contaminated from just one procedure or by criminals who blend in with the community and use their homes, workplace, factory, or hotel room to produce this drug. All Aces Cleaning & Restoration are trained professionally to provide complete and effective meth lab cleaning services across Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to rid any property of the effects of a meth lab and ensure homes are liveable again.
Meth labs contaminate the home during the production or cooking process. Synthesising associated with the various toxic chemicals leads to contamination of surfaces within the property. Furniture, porous items such as timber, clothes, food, toys and carpets may have residue that can affect the residents simply by being in the property even after the drug manufacturing process has ceased.
Further evidence exists to indicate that a person’s health can be affected immediately and long-term and often results in respiratory complications, serious headaches, allergic responses, unexplained rashes, delivery defects and psychological disorders.
How do we know if our house or rental property may be contaminated?
Residential meth labs frequently remain undetected. There are some clear signs that can assist owners, such as:
- Property damage
- Acidity burns to benches and drains
- Discolouration to walls and flooring
- Strong acidic odours (similar to cat urine)
All Aces Cleaning & Restoration technicians are specially trained to recognise and assess feasible contamination concerns and offer a range of meth lab cleaning services, including presumptive testing within the absence of official police reports and local authority or council orders.
Re-mediation Procedure for Meth Lab Cleanups
- Drug labs seized by police are secured like a ‘crime scene’. Forensic & Medication Squad officers first remove chemicals/drugs/laboratory apparatus etc utilised in the manufacturing process. A notification is designed by the local authority or council authority (Health Conformity Officer) associated with the surrounding area of the property and police issue a online assessment report.
- Responsible Council Expert order preliminary assessments to find out risks and contaminant levels – A good Industrial Hygienist and/or Meth Laboratory Testing Technicians such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration may conduct preliminary screening; obtaining samples which are forwarded under strict guidelines to a laboratory for screening and analysis. These results are then used to understand the extent of contamination and an appropriate Re-mediation Motion Plan (RAP) is designed.
- If the analysis results go beneath the QLD Criminal Offence Commission recommendations no re-mediation will be necessary and a clearance certificate will be issued by the actual testing officer, council will then notify who owns the property of the clearance.
- When a dangerous contamination is identified, and evaluation details readings are associated with contamination above the recommendations compared to Appropriate Authority problems, a Pollution Control/Prohibition Purchase or other Environmental Order from the property can be deemed necessary, varying by state. Re-mediation cleaning will be required with a qualified Decontamination Specialist such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration before re-testing is undertaken to determine if the contamination has been resolved. Upon retesting the contaminated area, as well as readings below QLD CC levels, a clearance will be issued following a final validation review.
Each Australian State and Territory has varied processes around orders and last clearances.
When booking a meth lab cleaning service with All Aces Cleaning & Restoration, you can be confident that your technician has over 20 years’ experience. Combined with industry accreditation and qualifications associated with meth lab clean ups, decontamination and testing, our testing officer can assist with evaluation, management and remediation going forward. Our services can be used for many types of contaminations from meth labs and marijuana houses to crime and stress scenes, industrial mishaps and other biohazard circumstances.
All Aces are on call and to provide professional meth lab cleaning services to the Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and interstate on special request. Call All Aces today on 1800 00 10 10 or book your service online today.