In Australia the illegal manufacture of the drug methamphetamine within clandestine drug labs, referred to as “meth labs”, is increasing each year.
Buy drug testing kits here.
In Queensland alone, police seize and investigate several hundred meth labs every year. Properties customised to manufacture meth can become contaminated from just one procedure or by criminals who blend in with the community and use their homes, workplace, factory, or hotel room to produce this drug. All Aces Cleaning & Restoration are trained professionally to provide complete and effective meth lab cleaning services across Brisbane, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast to rid any property of the effects of a meth lab and ensure homes are liveable again.
Meth labs contaminate the home during the production or cooking process. Synthesising associated with the various toxic chemicals leads to contamination of surfaces within the property. Furniture, porous items such as timber, clothes, food, toys and carpets may have residue that can affect the residents simply by being in the property even after the drug manufacturing process has ceased.
Further evidence exists to indicate that a person’s health can be affected immediately and long-term and often results in respiratory complications, serious headaches, allergic responses, unexplained rashes, delivery defects and psychological disorders.
How do we know if our house or rental property may be contaminated?
Residential meth labs frequently remain undetected. There are some clear signs that can assist owners, such as:
- Property damage
- Acidity burns to benches and drains
- Discolouration to walls and flooring
- Strong acidic odours (similar to cat urine)
All Aces Cleaning & Restoration technicians are specially trained to recognise and assess feasible contamination concerns and offer a range of meth lab cleaning services, including presumptive testing within the absence of official police reports and local authority or council orders.
Re-mediation Procedure for Meth Lab Cleanups
- Drug labs seized by police are secured like a ‘crime scene’. Forensic & Medication Squad officers first remove chemicals/drugs/laboratory apparatus etc utilised in the manufacturing process. A notification is designed by the local authority or council authority (Health Conformity Officer) associated with the surrounding area of the property and police issue a online assessment report.
- Responsible Council Expert order preliminary assessments to find out risks and contaminant levels – A good Industrial Hygienist and/or Meth Laboratory Testing Technicians such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration may conduct preliminary screening; obtaining samples which are forwarded under strict guidelines to a laboratory for screening and analysis. These results are then used to understand the extent of contamination and an appropriate Re-mediation Motion Plan (RAP) is designed.
- If the analysis results go beneath the QLD Criminal Offence Commission recommendations no re-mediation will be necessary and a clearance certificate will be issued by the actual testing officer, council will then notify who owns the property of the clearance.
- When a dangerous contamination is identified, and evaluation details readings are associated with contamination above the recommendations compared to Appropriate Authority problems, a Pollution Control/Prohibition Purchase or other Environmental Order from the property can be deemed necessary, varying by state. Re-mediation cleaning will be required with a qualified Decontamination Specialist such as All Aces Cleaning & Restoration before re-testing is undertaken to determine if the contamination has been resolved. Upon retesting the contaminated area, as well as readings below QLD CC levels, a clearance will be issued following a final validation review.
Each Australian State and Territory has varied processes around orders and last clearances.
When booking a meth lab cleaning service with All Aces Cleaning & Restoration, you can be confident that your technician has over 20 years’ experience. Combined with industry accreditation and qualifications associated with meth lab clean ups, decontamination and testing, our testing officer can assist with evaluation, management and remediation going forward. Our services can be used for many types of contaminations from meth labs and marijuana houses to crime and stress scenes, industrial mishaps and other biohazard circumstances.
All Aces are on call and to provide professional meth lab cleaning services to the Brisbane Metro, Gold Coast and Sunshine Coast and interstate on special request. Call All Aces today on 1800 00 10 10 or book your service online today.
D4D Pen Test – Multi Drug Test Kit
D4D Pen-Test Drug Test Kit ( 10 in pack ) Cost $ 31.95 per item ( postage additional dependant on location )
How To Use The D4D Pen Test Drug Test Kit
Recommended areas to test are:
- Kitchen and bathroom extractor fans
- Ceiling fans
- Air conditioning vents or ducts
- Walls, especially if stained
- Window frames
- Tops of door frames
- Curtain and blind rails
- Tops of kitchen and bathroom cabinets
- Carpets, especially where there are visible stains
- Workshops and garages
This list is not conclusive as each situation is different but these are the most common areas of contamination.
Please read the following instructions carefully before use
Each D4D kit contains 2 testing papers. It is recommended that one testing paper be used to take a sample, and the other used as a ‘control’ to compare results. Due to subtle variances in the test paper colour, this will ensure that any colour changes are quite obvious.
Samples should be taken from as greater surface area possible for the best results
- Open the foil packaging. We recommend that clean, surgical-type gloves be worn to prevent contamination of the testing papers.
2. Remove one testing paper from the package. Peel back the cover.
3. Take samples from areas most likely to have residual contamination such as those in the list, above. When wiping vertical surfaces, such as wall, wipe in an upward motion. Testing papers can be used over multiple surfaces.
4. When ready to test, remove the control testing paper from the foil package. Be careful not to touch or contaminate this when you peel back the cover.
5. Holding the test pen upright, break the inside ampoule at the position marked ‘1’. Holding your finger over the cap, shake the pen for about 5 seconds to activate the test fluid.
6. Remove the cap, taking care not to remove the entire ampoule top, and pointing the pen away from your body, place 2 drops onto the control testing paper. Place the remaining fluid on the testing paper used for taking the sample in one continual flow. Do not overlap the drips as it may give a false colour reading. Let it dry (up to 90 seconds).
7. Compare the colour reaction to the control. If a colour variance is observed (not including dust) check against the colour charts on the instruction sheet for matched colours. It is normal to get multiple colours on single tests, with the most common colours being RED (cannabis), ORANGE (methamphetamine) and YELLOW (amphetamine). It is normal to have anything from dirty dusty orange to bright orange to indicate a reaction to methamphetamine.
Contact All Aces today on 1800 00 10 10 for supply of D4D Pen Test Multi Drug Test Kits.