Our cleaning and restoration Technicians in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast understand how all carpets are made and constructed which means they know how drying wet carpet should be done.
All our Technicians are qualified through the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) enabling them to identify whether the carpet is wool, nylon, polypropylene, acrylic etc. and whether the carpet is woven or tufted and whether the secondary backing is natural or synthetic.
The good news is that carpet can be saved 100 % in most cases. These are the things we look for:
- How long has it been wet?
- What category of water is it?
- Clean – eg. clean water from a pipe
- Grey – eg. washing machine dump pipe or busted fish tank
- Black – eg. sewage or flood water
- Is the backing de-laminated?
- Does the carpet have permanent stains from the water damage, e.g. wood grain, dye stains?
- Is there mould growth?
Process for Drying Wet Carpet
- Full extraction of standing water with equipment to also pull water from underlay.
- Set up high speed air movers and dehumidifiers to pull the moisture from the air.
- After the area is dry, relay the area if needed.
- Professional Deluxe Steam Cleaning process to clean the carpet.
- Treat with grey water antimicrobial, antibacterial treatment if required – this can also be misted under the carpet by our professional mister
There are two main ways to dry wet carpet:
- In situ – In situ is a very good method for just about any job. If the whole area is wet, this is the best method for most situations. After extraction, fans and dehumidifiers are put in. The fan forced air is blown across the carpet, pushing the moisture into the air where the dehumidifiers pull out the moisture and pump it into a drain.
- Tenting carpet – Tenting means that the carpet is lifted so that air can be pumped under the carpet. However, this could create problems with stretching of carpet and damage to underlay. So this is mainly a great method for small areas eg. 1/4 – 1/2 rooms or 2 square metres etc.
Other problems our Technicians can solve outside of drying wet carpet:
- Rust Stains
- Water Extraction
- Carpet Drying
- Some wood grain Stain Removal
- Water Stain Removal
- Carpet Cleaning
- Odours Removed
- Re-stretching Carpet and Relaying